Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Monday, September 10, 2007

We Have Jack!

Well, the day has finally come and Jack is now officially part of our family. I can't get over how sweet and happy he is. When I adopted Madeline and Meigan they both grieved for such a long time for their old life. Jack, though, has had a couple of 10 minute crying spells and otherwise he is happy as can be. He loves his big sisters. The three of them hold hands and skip all around the place plus they are constantly hovering over him with drinks and food so he must feel like a little emperor. He also is rather fond of his Uncle Jason (the Chinese version of Uncle is pronounced JuJu and he is now known as JuJu Jason : ) and constantly has his hands up in the air requesting JuJu Bao (pick me up Uncle). He also does this odd little head bow to Jason which is very cute to watch. Grammy is also a favorite and he often runs into her room through a connecting door between our rooms to see what she is doing. He also seems to like me as well and loves imitating sounds I make. We play like we are pretend Tigers growling at each other. I am having an absolute ball needless to say!

In addition to being so easy going, he is a great eater. He is stockier than I thought, but also a bit shorter - he looks like he is two years old. When we go to eat, he patiently waits for me to bring his food (unlike Madeline who would hurl plates if they didn't bring her the dish she wanted) and then waits until I sit down with mine before he starts. He happily shares all of his toys, too, with the exception of the Gameboy that he has taken from Meigan. He doesn't play the games but likes to listen to the music they play for the games. The only other toy incident was when we had to fish a Hot Wheels car out of the toilet (well, that, and the fact that Uncle Jason taught him how to throw his cars across the room, which Jason regrets - he thought it seemed like a good idea at the time).

Jack has also learned his first English word, "Hello" and has even added "Bye Bye" to his repertoire. He is not as verbal as the girls but thankfully he is potty trained and is constantly telling me when he has to potty (which is literally twice every half hour - though this is probably due to the girls giving him so much to drink).

One last note, the adoption was final today and he is now officially ours forever. I am so happy - and feel very fortunate to have received another wonderful child. By the way, pictures are soon to come.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

We've been following your journey. Throughout the day , we've thought of all of you amd wondered what you were doing. We are happy to hear that Jack is doing SO well. He has a wonderful family filled with lots of love! Sounds like JuJu Jason has a new ally amongst all the girl power. Congratulations and all the best to you all! The Tracy family-Mark, Jan & Nini

Unknown said...

Jennifer,
sounds like your little family is wearing out the big family! what a great experience for your girls, and what a great blessing you have been to them. Jack will never know how fortunate (blessed!) he is to become a part of your family. I am sure Madeline and Meigan will be a big help. Enjoy the rest of your trip - you can sleep on the plane!

love,
Dan and Judy

Anonymous said...

Jennifer,

I am soooo happy for you and your family. I can't wait to meet Jack. I'm sure he'll be even more devastatingly handsome than me. :)

Durand

Anonymous said...

Jennifer - I'm so thrilled for you! Congrats on Jack - it sounds like he's adorable! I look forward to hearing more and to talking to you when you get back. Have a great time!
Jonnell

Anonymous said...

Jennie!
I am so happy and thankful that Jack is happy! :) I was worried that, as you said, he was older and the separation grief might be increased. I read your blogs to Mom by phone and she will relay to Roger. She wants you to know how please she is. We look forward to meeting him and I know that the boys, especially Nolan, will welcome another cousin and playmate. I am so glad your mother and Jason are with you so that everyone has a hand to hold. Love, Joann

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! We are all very happy and excited for the girls to have a baby brother. We hope to see you at church soon. God has truly blessed you all!